Nov 5, 2018
Jennifer is the first female guest on Locker Room! In this
episode she shares with us some of what she's learned about men
through many years of counseling.
- Jennifer Wallace says that her job consists of “listening to
people's stories.” Take a moment to think about the high point and
low point of your past week. Share your story.
- The number one reason men do not seek help is because of pride;
we are unwilling to look weak. How is this true for you,
- Our struggles today are rooted in our past. Either we did not
receive things we should have, or things were done to us that
should not have been. Which has affected you more? How?
- Recently men have been more willing to come forth and admit to
Jennifer that they need help because they are “tired of feeling
stuck.” Where and why do you feel stuck?
- In what area of your life have you settled for the lie that
“things are never going to change?” (example: relationships,
career, addictions) Why do you believe this?
- Common obstacles that keep men from getting where they want to
be in life are fear, broken relationships, and habits or patterns
that need to be changed. Which one of the three resonates with you
- In John 10:10 Jesus says, “I came that they may have life and
have it abundantly.” If you worked together to define “abundant
life”, what words or phrases would you include?
- Jennifer mentioned three components that help lead to freedom:
honesty, vulnerability, and accountability. Name one person you are
going to contact this week, to be honest and vulnerable, and ask
for accountability. Next week share how that conversation