Apr 2, 2018
Brian Lucas is the campus pastor at Southland’s Danville campus. In this episode Brian and Scott talk about Chivalry and face down gender stereotypes that often keep men from stepping up and serving in certain roles.
1. In the podcast, Brian Lucas mentioned his interest in aviation. What is a hobby or interest that you have either pursued or would like to pursue in some free time?
2. Brian shared about the time he went to Danville to pray over the launch of Southland's Danville campus. Not long after, he joined Southland's Danville staff. Can you look back and think of a time when God had you in the right place at the right time for something you didn't quite understand yet?
3. How did Brian define chivalry? What are some of the "little ways" chivalry plays out in day to day life?
4. Who are some examples of chivalrous men in your life? What impact have these men had on you? What did you learn from them?
5. What are some distractions that pull you away from living as a servant? What about the distractions that pull you away from pursuing Jesus?
6. Brian mentioned that worship can be hard for men. What makes it difficult for us? Read 1 Timothy 2:8. How does Paul say men should engage in worship?
7. Read John 13:1-17. How does this passage show Jesus as an example of chivalry? How can you step up to serve your family, the church, and the next generation?